I take one step away...(How I look at Korean and Filipino entertainment)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

But I find myself coming back to you, Jang Geun Suk.
-
[WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN EXTREME FAN-GIRLING CONTENT. IF NOT INTERESTED, STOP READING NOW]
-

It has been a hot boring night and I found myself searching for websites to pass time until 9.30 pm to 10 pm. I tried searching for online games, but I ended up closing every tab since none of the games caught my interest. I even searched 'boredom' using Google. According to Wikipedia, boredom is 'an emotional state experienced during periods lacking activity or when individuals are uninterested in the opportunities surrounding them'.
The word boredom almost became parallel to my name. :c

Well, how about Facebook? Gaiaonline? Nah, didn't work. I couldn't do anything there, either. I can't blog since I don't have anything to blog about. Finally, I found something! But, it;s nonsense. I was 'talking' to an AI through Cleverbot and Jabbawacky(?). I stayed for a while taking my time to figure out how it works. Unfortunately, I got tired of it and ended up knowing nothing.

After staring at the ceiling, I finally had the drive to study Nihongo again. I tried recalling my Hiragana only to find out that I almost forgot 'se', 'te'(which I have been using all along), 're', and how to write 'na' properly(I keep putting a cross on the right side of the character). Anyway, I got it back in my head and moved on to Chapter one of the book. The lessons were about 'Apuru jusu o kudasai'. There were a lot of Western-based words which reminded me to recall Katakana soon. Anyway, I finished with Chapter 1 and left Chapter 2 with my cute ball-headed bookmark. :)

And..again, I did nothing. Until I got an idea to rewatch Hwang Tae Kyung's realization that Go Mi Nam is in love with the star himself. The sweetest thing ever...well, aside from the "I am looking at that star right now; is it okay to like that star" episode and the "I'm going to tell you this everyday so you should listen: I love you" episode.(Come to think of it, WHICH IS THE SWEETEST PART?! ><)
I was searching the YouTube button on my bookmarks toolbar but I ended up clicking the YAB community in LJ. There were a lot of icons on the YAB cast...and I saw JGS's icons...and I fell...AGAIN. For the 13286894623183648304615408125438684624 time,I again found myself fan-girling, stalking, yearning, longing, crushing, and loving JGS. :DDD
(That's why I'm still awake at this time: 11.13 pm, when indeed I was aiming to sleep at 10 pm)

I don't want to see the smile.It makes me go crazy and sing whichever SNSD song coming to my mind. It's waaaaaay too perfect. He is waaaaaay too good to be true. I wanna see him RIGHT NOW and make sure that he is HUMAN and not a robot.( I believe he is human. :)))
He simply dazzles me. He's way too shiny. Maybe he's the REAL Edward Cullen?(Yeah, right.:DD)

It's no just the looks! THERE'S MORE! A LOOOOOT MORE! He can dance well(though he honestly looks gay in my opinion), he can sing well...and, well, he speaks Nihongo. He SEEMS bright; I hope he is. :D

-
Oh, and another Korean guy who dazzled me for the 38538658013470157105 time: Lee Dong Hae. :D
I now admit that he obviously looks like someone, especially when he smiles. But, he is really irresistible in his own celebrity way. :))
I remember watching a reality show with the SJ members, Anya and another foreign girl. I watched the whole series in YouTube just to get a glimpse on how LDH lives his celeb life. I was satisfied--or should I say MORE THAN SATISFIED-- to watch those laughs and smiles..and his childishness. I actually find myself smiling at his picture-perfect smiles. :))

Just like what one of his fans said: " He just makes my day brighter, brighter, and brighter."
-

I honestly hate admitting this, but I can feel the Korean Wave swallowing me and nearly drowning me to its sea of stars. There are more stars I'm beginning to like and get addicted with. A lot of them are guys(Lee Hyun Jung, Jung Yong Hwa, FT Island), but I am looking at their girl groups and actresses too(like SNSD, Park Shin Hye, etc.)
-

I am also getting addicted to the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. And, of course, Logan Lerman who took the role of Percy Jackson in the movie. Oh, and of course I am falling in ove with Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson love team. :DD
I am falling in love with stories about princesses. Though, not the typical princess-is-saved-by-the-prince story. I like it with twists just like "Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale. I also came back with my childish addiction: Cinderella. I can't believe I still enjoyed Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time. :)
-

I feel guilt that I like other country's products more than my country's own products. I honestly think that I should feel happy that Philippine entertainment is trying to follow the entertainment group like the "Pop Girls". They're new, and I bet they're young. Instead of feeling enthusiastic, I honestly smirked at the news I found in the newspaper about them. I feel pity,too. Maybe for them, but the pity I feel right now is for myself. I can't seem to love these Pop Girls and our own telenovelas. Still, I am aware that I have not yet lost my Filipino pride. I like our music, but not all of them. I like Filipino authors like Bob Ong(who wouldn't?). I admit that we're not as good as others, but our entertainment is good in its own way. We may not excel in this entertainment field, but I am aware that we excel in our tourism. We have these great sites that definitely cannot be found in other countries. That's what I'm proud of--that's ONE of the things I'm proud of.
-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket