Biotech

Monday, November 8, 2010

I haven’t told anyone about how it feels working inside the laboratory, wearing that long and white laboratory gown. I’ve worn a lab gown before, but never for real. Here, using that lab gown feels so real. I have found my personal meaning and image of a laboratory gown.

Working inside the laboratory feels draining, sad, limited, and intelligent at the same time. I get this ‘genius’ aura from my classmates whenever we do some experiments, and honestly I hate it because I need to keep up with them.(silent smile) Doing some experiments for hours really drains me, and I honestly hated that room where we conduct some tissue culture. It’s so small, and there’s this sound coming from the air conditioner…a sound that makes you feel your soul is being sucked and lets it linger inside the room. It’s a room where everyone suddenly becomes quiet because everyone’s getting busy with the work(and probably, talking increases the chance of contamination o.o ).

After that, you’ll be cleaning the utensils used. My hand is usually soaked with ionized water. Watching them wash the test tubes and cans, I wonder if washing those feel like just washing the normal dishes and glasses at home. I’ve done it some times, but it felt…weird…I never got used to washing them. Every time I wash them, it feels like I’ve done it for the first time.

I remember being able to breathe freely after General Science I. I’ve been doing the same after going out of the Bio Lab. I know that it’s probably cleaner and sanitized inside the lab, but still, I appreciate the outside air more. :))

I love the lab because I get to talk with my senpais and classmates more. I love the lab because it’s fulfilling to see the plants we’ve cultured grow. Those are some of the reasons why I love the lab. When I realize how I like the lab, I’ll suddenly have a reason to hate it again— it’s when my hair would smell of ionized water and culture at the same time(not to mention I have to wait for the evening to wash my hair…).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket